Services for Medical Professionals
Akebia Medical Information
Akebia Medical Affairs is committed to providing current, accurate, and timely information in response to genuine unsolicited medical or scientific inquiries regarding our marketed and/or investigational products. The Akebia Medical Information Call Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET.
To report an adverse event or product complaint, please call: 1-844-445-3799, Option 2.
Global Medical Education
At Akebia, we are dedicated to supporting high-quality, independent, balanced and scientifically rigorous medical education, including accredited Continuing Medical Education programs, as well as other educational programs and/or the dissemination of educational information or materials to healthcare professionals, patients, and other appropriate audiences.
Requests for funding of medical education support should be submitted at least 60 days in advance of a program or event. Upon review by the Akebia Medical Grant Review Committee, you will be informed of our decision. Please note that not all requests can be honored.
Akebia will comply with federal and state laws governing reporting transfers of value to healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations. To comply with these laws, we may require information from program sponsors.
For questions, please contact the medical education grant administrator at email@example.com
To submit a medical education grant request:
- Download and complete the Akebia Global Medical Education Grant Request application
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Akebia Global Medical Education Grant Request application
- U.S. Applicants: IRS tax determination letter or Form 990
- Non-U.S. Applicants: government-issued document from the local tax authority confirming non-profit/charity status
- Evidence of non-profit or tax-exempt status
- Detailed, line-item budget (Note: Akebia funds cannot be used to provide meals, travel, or other transfers of value for attendees)
- W-9 (U.S. Applicants)
- W-8 (Non-U.S. Applicants)
- Current medical education accreditation certificate, if applicable
- Additional supporting documents (e.g., letter of request, detailed program description, needs assessment, program agenda, and evaluation/outcomes plan)
Akebia recognizes that independent research, such as investigator-sponsored research (ISR), has the potential to contribute to science and medicine as well as improve the treatment of disease, patient outcomes, and the quality of healthcare.
Research grants support independently initiated research that is aligned with our clinical and non-clinical areas of interest and intended to contribute knowledge to the medical community. In general, research grants include clinical research, non-clinical research, registries, and other datasets intended to explore a scientific hypothesis or question.
Current Areas of Interest
- Studies to further describe and characterize the mechanism of action of Auryxia® (ferric citrate)
- Effect of Auryxia on markers of anemia and/or mineral bone disorder across stages of CKD, including different modalities of dialysis therapy
- Impact of Auryxia on health economics, outcomes, and patient/caregiver burden in CKD
- Broadening the knowledge of the impact of iron deficiency anemia and hyperphosphatemia on patient outcomes and current treatment practice patterns
How to Apply
A committee will review proposals on a regular basis based on numerous criteria, including scientific merit availability of support, safety, legal, regulatory, and ethical considerations. Akebia may provide funding and other forms of support, such as clinical trial materials or drugs to institutions with academic and/or community-based scientists and clinicians. Akebia does not provide grants to individuals.
To submit a Research Grant Proposal:
- Download and complete the Proposal Form.
- Download and complete the ISR Investigator Qualification Form.
- Email the following to email@example.com
- Proposal Form along with any supporting documentation, including the principal investigator’s Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of his or her medical license or equivalent
- Investigator Qualification Form
- W-9 or W-8 for ex-U.S. investigators
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.